EQ

How can scientists most effectively reduce the anthropogenic effects dealt to the ocean?

Monday, May 13, 2013

Blog 24: Exit Interview Questions

(1) What is your essential question?  What is the best answer to your question and why?
  •  My essential question is: How can scientists effectively reduce the anthropogenic effects dealt to the ocean? My best answer to this question is to put a cap limit on the amount of pollutants that we allow into the ocean, because this solution will have the most beneficial results in the end. By putting a cap limit on the amount of pollutants manufactured, there will be a decrease in the amount of pollutants that are put into the ocean.
(2) What process did you take to arrive at this answer?
  • I received my initial answer from my mentor, Kiersten Darrow, and then I later researched all the types of regulations that have been implemented to reduce the amount of coastal pollution going into the ocean.
(3) What problems did you face?  How did you resolve them?
  • One of the biggest problems I faced was finding research on coastal runoff, but after specifying my search to "Coastal runoff regulations" from "Coastal pollution levels", I was able to find better research on the regulations being implemented.
(4) What are the two most significant sources you used to answer your essential question and why?
  • One of the most significant sources I used to answer my EQ, was my mentor, Kiersten Darrow, because she would always give me examples in her answers whenever I asked her my essential question. She would spew out a variety of related facts and other resources I could use to help further my research,
    My second best source was a book called Killing Our Oceans by John Kunich, because it explained the few legislation that have been passed to help protect marine waters, but how ineffective these legislation are.
(5) What is your product and why?
  • I have not yet come up with a product for my senior project.

No comments:

Post a Comment